If you want to make sure that your professional resume ensures to support your career goals, utilize this job description of Retail Sales Associate to clearly inform you about the important points that your resume should highlight.
You will easily identify your soft skills, technical skills, work experience, credentials by reviewing this job description as these are the most important factors for the employer in the target field.
Also Read: Server Job Description
Retail Sales Associate Job Description
The responsibilities of retail sales associate include all sales and sales associate related activities from answering questions, greeting customers, lending opinions, suggesting items, and providing relevant product information. The individual responsibilities include impressive customer service, selling skills, keeping the floor full of stock with merchandise, provide assistance in a display of merchandise, organize the stock areas and selling floor.
There are some qualities that a retail sale associate must possess such as process payments, processing checks, cash, and store or other process related to credit cards. Must know how to deal with customer refunds in a courteous and professional way. Maintains a pleasant and professional attitude with enthusiasm and sincerity that can effectively reflect the store’s commitment towards the customers.
Develop product knowledge by reading tags and pamphlets and attend relevant training classes and sessions in order to effectively communicate to customers. Stay up to date with the current promotional events as well.
- Understating of basic sales principles
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Knowledge of market dynamics and requirements
- Knowledge of customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate
- Telephone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work in team and individual as well with no or less supervision
- Fulfill physical demands as the position requires constant moving, talking, reaching, hearing, standing, grading for about two hours constantly
- Focus on customer service
- Friendly, enthusiastic, energetic
- Available to work in rotation
- High school diploma or equivalent degree (college degree is preferred)
- Degree in marketing or related field would be a plus point
Retail Sales Associate top skills & proficiencies
- Product Knowledge
- Basic Math
- Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Skills