If you want to make sure that your professional resume ensures to support your career goals, utilize this job description of the cashier to clearly inform you about the important points that your resume should highlight.
You will easily identify your soft skills, technical skills, work experience, credentials by reviewing this job description as these are the most important factors for the employer in the target field.
Cashier Job Description
The main duties and responsibilities a cashier include to assist the customers in the store check out process. Main roles include payment collection, giving change, requesting price checks, giving coupons, bagging items, and ring up a sale. At the end of each shift, responsible for keeping the contents of cash register drawer, record, withdrawals and maintain receipts. Responsible to check supplies, materials, and report to the management when it is out of stock.
Minimum qualification required for this job is high school diploma or its equivalent and working experience of about 1- 2 year in the related field. Has advanced knowledge of procedures, practices, and practices which are commonly used in the practical field. Rely on instructions and work under the supervision of manager or supervisor. Need to follow pre-established techniques and guidelines to perform all the related functions. The selected candidate will play a major role in receiving the main objectives such as revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Handle credit, cash and check all the transaction with customers
- Responsible for money in cash drawer for all shifts and make sure the amount is correct and adequate change is available or not
- Cross-sell products, male sale, and introduce new products in the market
- Resolve customer inquiries, provide them with a proper guide and relevant information
- Carefully bag item
- Collect payments and scan goods
- Make sure the pricing is correct
- Issue receipts, tickets, refund, or change
- Redeem coupons and stamps
- Greet customers and visitors
- Maintain tidy and clean checkout areas
- Keep transaction reports
- Wrap, box and bag packages
- Patiently and pleasantly deal with customers
- Process returns and checks for the item if they are damaged
- Handle customer questions and get a manager if you are unable to solve the issue
Cashier top skills & proficiencies
- Telephone Etiquette
- Customer Service
- Basic Math
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- Product Knowledge
- Dispute resolution
- Dependability and Attention to Detail
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Point of Sale Systems
- Positive Attitude